Le 02/02/2021 par jleguay :
The Network Optimization team in the Data Communication Lab, is looking for candidates for a permanent research position on Network Optimization applied to IP networks. The opening is in the Huawei Research Center of Huawei Technologies France, SASU, located in the Paris area. The position focuses on developing control plane algorithms for IP traffic engineering, network optimization, network control and network automation.
- Conduct research on intelligent network control and automation for IP networks (datacenters, enterprise, carriers) with problems such as resource allocation, routing, load balancing, scheduling.
- Develop advanced algorithms for specific scenarios and meet challenging performance requirements to enhance the core competitiveness of related products.
- Accurately grasp the long-term technological trends in the field of IP traffic engineering, identify key needs and technologies, and enable business success.
- Disseminate research results in major scientific venues and in internal community of experts.
- Generate intellectual property when appropriate.
- Create and maintain strong collaborations with industry partners and top tier academic research institutes.
Required Degree: PhD (Seniority level according to experience) English: Operational
The following skills and experiences are highly desirable:
- PhD Degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Strong background on operations research and graph theory
- Knowledge of control theory (e.g., model predictive control, markov decision processes) is a plus
- Knowledge with network technologies (TCP/IP, Routing, QoS, SDN, etc.) is a plus
- Good programming skills (C/C++/Python)
- Ability to collaboration with both external and internal partners on advanced research topics.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
The Huawei Paris Research Center (PRC) in Paris is responsible for advanced research in the fields of Algorithm and Software design, Aesthetics, MBB & Home device and Parallel Computing, to create and design the innovative technologies and software platforms for our Brand.
To apply please send a complete CV, two reference persons and a cover letter briefly explaining your expertise and research interests. Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com