Forum 'Emplois' - Sujet créé le 24/03/2023 par Susanne Heipcke
Le 24/03/2023 par Susanne Heipcke :
As an Optimization Consultant, you will be part of a fast-growing team working on a wide variety of projects across optimization, predictive modelling and big data using the latest tools and techniques. The team is responsible for the delivery of all analytic offerings to clients within Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), and some projects may require substantial time spent on client site, so you should be willing to travel. This role is to support the continuing growth of FICO’s analytics business across EMEA with a specific focus on Optimization.
The role will focus on FICO’s core area of analytics and specifically the delivery of analytic solutions using FICO Xpress Optimization Suite software. This typically entails building decision models, sometimes unique to the customer, mathematical formulations for optimization, servers and client-side programming, and software configurations. The role includes a high proportion of software development activities with many opportunities to learn new skills.
What You'll Do
- Work on several different client projects of varying complexity and length.
- Design and implement optimization solutions to solve business problems across different industries including supply chain, logistics, transportation, retail, insurance, and manufacturing.
- Effectively communicate the benefits of applying mathematical optimization to real business problems.
- Provide consulting support to customers for interpretation and effective usage of optimization models.
- Further develop analytic processes and procedures, working across departments to enhance FICO analytic & optimization tools, techniques, and offerings.
What We're Seeking
- Degree (MSc level or higher) in operations research/mathematical optimization/industrial engineering or related discipline or similar working experience.
- Knowledge of mathematical programming and optimization techniques, preferably mixed-integer programming and heuristics.
- An enthusiasm for solving complex decision-making problems and exploring new concepts and techniques.
- Hands-on experience in programming in general (e.g., Python, C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Julia). In particular, the position requires to develop models in Python and/or Xpress Mosel.
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills that allow you to discuss and explain complex concepts with your team and describe technical to non-technical users.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in supply chain or logistics, ideally working in the context of warehouse logistics.
- Hands-on experience with mathematical optimization software such as FICO Xpress Optimization, Gurobi, and/or IBM CPLEX.
- Experience with model development platforms such as Xpress-Mosel, AIMMS, AMPL, OPL, MPL, GAMS, Concert, etc.
- Machine learning and advanced statistical skills including Python/R.
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN.
- Experience with test-driven development and agile methodologies.
- Experience in front-end and microservices development is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Our Offer to You
- Flexible working practices, a lucrative base salary and bonus package, enhanced family leave policies (private medical insurance for you and your immediate family, private dental, life assurance plan, employee stock purchase plan, eye care assistance and group business travel insurance).
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues.
Work location is flexible within Europe (fully remote), London or Birmingham. Recurrent travel to A Coruña or locations around Spain is to be expected.
How to apply
Career Site (myworkdayjobs.com)